LTE-M and NB-IoT Single Chip for the Internet of Things
There is a newer version of this product available: Monarch 2 LTE Platform.
Monarch is a single LTE-M and NB-IoT chip, supporting LTE Cat M1/NB1/NB2, and designed specifically for IoT applications, including sensors, wearables, and other low data, low power M2M and IoT devices. Monarch complies with the ultra-low-power and reduced complexity feature requirements of the 3GPP release 13 LTE Advanced Pro standard, defining narrowband, low data rate LTE technology for machine-type-communications (MTC). Monarch achieves a very high level of integration whereby baseband, RF transceiver, power management, and RAM memory are integrated into a tiny 6.5 x 8.5 mm package, running Sequans carrier-proven LTE protocol stack, an OMA lightweight M2M (LWM2M) client for over-the-air device management, and a rich set of AT commands. Support for programmable RF filtering allows a simple, reduced bill-of-materials hardware design that enables single SKU devices supporting global LTE bands.
Monarch is ideal for adding Cat M1 and/or NB1 LTE connectivity to narrowband, low data rate M2M and IoT devices, including utility meters, industrial sensors, health and fitness bands, asset trackers, and numerous additional devices for smart home, smart city, and wearable applications.
- Validated by Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, Deutsche Telekom, KDDI, NTT Docomo, SoftBank, T-Mobile, Orange, Telstra, Sprint, TELUS, LGU+
3GPP Release 13 LTE Advanced Pro
- Supports narrowband LTE UE categories M1/NB1
- Single chip 6.5 x 8.5 mm FC-CSP package
- Integrated baseband, RF, RAM memory, and power management
- Extended DRX and PSM features for long sleep duration use cases
- Programmable RF filtering for global band support in a single-SKU design
- Proprietary Dynamic Power Management (DPM) technology for 10+ years operation
- Optimized for half-duplex FDD (HD-FDD) operation, also supports full-duplex FDD (FD-FDD)
- LTE UE category M1 (1.4 MHz bandwidth) up to 300 kbps DL/375 kbps UL in HD-FDD, and 1 Mbps in FD-FDD
- LTE UE category NB1 (200 kHz bandwidth) up to 40 kbps DL/55 kbps UL in HD-FDD
- Single antenna system architecture
- Coverage enhancement methods
- Reduced Tx power class option
- Low power serial interfaces