Low Power LTE-M/NB-IoT Module for Next Generation 5G Massive IoT
Monarch 2 GM02SP is an LTE Cat M1/NB1/NB2 and GNSS capable module based on Sequans’ second generation Monarch 2 chip platform. It is a pin-to-pin compatible variant of Monarch 2 GM02S, featuring a very small yet cost-eff ective form factor and embedded low-power GNSS that eliminates need for an external GNSS chipset, and enables intermittent tracking use-cases. The Monarch 2 GM02SP Module delivers signifi cant advantages in performance and power consumption while providing seamless migration for Monarch 1 customers because it is based on Sequans’ existing LTE-M/NB-IoT protocol stack—one of the most mature and proven in the entire LTE ecosystem.
Monarch 2 GM02SP includes Sequans’ Single-SKU™ RF front end, enabling deployment in any band worldwide, and an integrated EAL5+ secure enclave, enabling secure key storage and crypto applications and integrated SIM (iSIM). Added GNSS capability allows for tracking and positioning using various satellite constellations. A low-power application MCU allows customers to port their own code into the module via a feature rich SDK. Monarch 2 GM02SP utilizes a single rail power supply starting at 2.2 V, the lowest voltage supported by any LTE-M/NB-IoT module in the industry today, thereby unlocking battery and eBOM savings. Sequans designs and owns the chipsets and software used in all its modules, thus ensuring fast time to market and lowest total cost of ownership for device makers.
The Monarch 2 GM02SP module is ideal for adding LTE-M and/or NB-IoT LTE connectivity to narrowband, low data rate M2M and IoT devices combined with GNSS use-cases requiring lowpower consumption (battery operated). This includes all types of intermittent trackers for vehicles, personal assets, container and parcel logistics, fl eet management, smart agriculture and smart city applications, emergency beacons, and rescue applications.
- 3GPP LTE Release 14/15 Cat M1, NB1 and NB2
- Fully tested and calibrated for easy integration into product hardware
- Programmable RF filtering for global band support in a Single-SKU design (617 MHz to 2.2 GHz)
- Adaptive output power supporting +23dBm, +20dBm and +14dBm providing the most efficient solution for deep indoor penetration
- On-device GNSS and assisted GNSS using GPS and Galileo constellations
- Supports external SIM and eSIM as well as integrated SIM and integrated eSIM
- Embedded LWM2M client, TCP/IP stack, and Sequans Cloud Connector™
- Application MCU with rich SDK for customer application
- Fully software & pin-to-pin compatible with Monarch 2 GM02S
- Single-rail power supply supporting 2.2-5.5V
- New tiny “S” LGA module form factor
Link to the evaluation kit for this module: Monarch 2 GM02SP NEKTAR EVK