Chipset Solution for Category 1 LTE Devices for the Internet of Things (IoT)
The Calliope LTE platform is designed specifically for wearables and other Category 1 M2M and IoT devices. Calliope comprises baseband and RF chips, an integrated IoT applications processor running Sequans’ carrier-proven LTE protocol stack, an IMS client, and a comprehensive software package for over-the-air device management and packet routing. It includes Sequans’ powerful interference rejection technology, Sequans AIR™.
Calliope is ideal for adding Cat 1 LTE connectivity to M2M and IoT modules and is also suitable for wearables and M2M devices for metering, home automation, and automotive applications.
- Validated by Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, KDDI, NTT Docomo, T-Mobile and Sprint
- Throughput: up to Category 1 – 10 Mbps DL/ 5 Mbps UL
- Ultra low power consumption
- 3GPP Release 10; software-upgradable to Release 11
- FDD and TDD, up to 20 MHz LTE channels
- Embedded application CPU
- Wafer-level packaging
- Supports VoLTE and location based services
- Host environments: Android, Linux, Windows, Real Time OS
- Versatile interfaces to host system: UART, USB 2.0 device
- Includes Sequans AIR™ interference cancelation technology