Low cost, low power LTE Cat 1 connectivity for M2M and massive IoT applications
The Calliope 2 GC02S1 modules are based on Sequans’ second-generation Calliope 2 chip and deliver optimized 4G LTE Cat 1 connectivity for IoT, M2M and consumer devices such as wearables and hearables that require support for voice and speed higher than LTE-M. Calliope 2 provides significant improvements in performance and power consumption over Calliope 1, while providing seamless migration because it is based on Sequans’ existing 4G LTE protocol stack, one of the most mature and proven in the entire LTE ecosystem.
The Calliope 2 GC02S1 modules comprise Sequans Calliope 2 platform and all other elements for a complete modem system, including an LTE-optimized transceiver, RF front end, and key interfaces in a compact, cost-effective form factor that requires no external components and includes an integrated EAL5+ secure enclave, enabling secure key storage, crypto applications, and integrated SIM (iSIM). Calliope 2 GC02S1 modules are optimized to support three regional variants covering North America, Japan, and Europe.
The Calliope 2 GC02S1 modules are ideal connectivity for M2M and IoT devices, including utility meters, industrial sensors, security and alarm systems, payment systems, asset trackers, and numerous additional devices for smart home, smart city, and wearable applications leveraging the mature 4G Cat 1 network deployed all over the world even in regions where LTE-M or NB-IoT are not fully available.
- 3GPP LTE Cat 1 Release 14/15 including PSM and eDRX support
- Cost-effective support for Cat 1 data rate
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Ultra-small “S1” LGA module package
- Power supply supporting 3.1V-5.5V
- Supports external SIM and eSIM as well as integrated SIM (iUICC) and integrated eSIM (ieUICC)
- Embedded LWM2M client, TCP/IP stack, and Sequans Cloud Connector™
- Fully tested and calibrated for easy integration into product hardware
- VoLTE support
- Differential firmware upgrade
- Easy migration from Monarch 2 GM02S LTE-M/NB-IoT platform