The adoption of cellular in smart meters is accelerating at a rapid pace. We can verify this because more than five million smart meters based on Sequans cellular IoT connectivity solutions have already been deployed in Japan, USA, Australia, and Taiwan, with many more in the pipeline. The increased adoption of cellular for smart meter networks (including distribution and automation) is driven by the fact that there is no other standardized technology that can beat its coverage, worldwide availability, low power consumption, and low total cost of ownership. Sequans is at the forefront of this evolution because we deliver the top features and capabilities in demand by utilities companies:
- Roadmap: Includes LTE-M/NB-IoT, Cat 1/Cat 1 bis, and Cat 4 solutions with support for CBRS, Anterix, and other private LTE bands and operators
- Longevity: Contractual guarantees ensure metering companies can meet the demands of utilities for 10-20-year product lifetimes
- Stationary optimization: Optimized software supports stationary applications in highly congested or weak signal environments, so they remain connected
- iSIM: GSMA-compliant integrated eSIM is Common Criteria EAL5+ certified, which saves on device cost and enables utilities to easily switch to any MNO at will, improving longevity and lowering operational cost
- Power consumption: World’s lowest power consumption of 1uA in PSM is especially useful for gas and water meter installations, but also for electric using backup batteries
We are exhibiting at Enlit Europe and we invite you to learn more about our solutions that contain all these great features.
Monarch 2 GM02S LTE-M/NB-IoT Modules
Calliope 2 GC02S1 Cat 1 IoT Modules
Monarch 2 SiP LTE-M/NB-IoT Module. This solution is co-developed with Skyworks and features specialized packaging that is not only silver free (meaning it won’t corrode in gas and water installations), but is the smallest LTE-M/NB-IoT system-in-package yet to appear in the industry.
Watch this video of our EVP Nick Taluja addressing the Enlit audience and discussing our solutions for smart meters. If you are going to Enlit (November 29-December 1) find us in Stand 12.1.A92 and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to schedule a meeting in advance.