The Calliope LTE Platform for IoT is a member of Sequans’ StreamliteLTE™ family of LTE chipset products. Calliope is designed specifically for wearables and other Category 1 M2M and IoT devices. Calliope comprises baseband and RF chips, an integrated IoT applications processor running Sequans’ carrier-proven LTE protocol stack, an IMS client, and a comprehensive software package for over-the-air device management and packet routing. It includes Sequans’ powerful interference rejection technology, Sequans AIR™.
Calliope is ideal for adding Cat 1 LTE connectivity to M2M and IoT modules and is also suitable for wearables and M2M devices for metering, home automation, and automotive applications.
- Validated by Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, KDDI, NTT Docomo and T-Mobile
- Throughput: up to Category 1 – 10 Mbps DL/ 5 Mbps UL
- Ultra low power consumption
- 3GPP Release 10; software-upgradable to Release 11
- FDD and TDD, up to 20 MHz LTE channels
- Embedded application CPU
- Wafer-level packaging
- Supports VoLTE and location based services
- Host environments: Android, Android Wear, Linux, Windows, Real Time OS
- Versatile interfaces to host system: UART, USB, HSIC
- Includes Sequans AIR™ interference cancelation technology
- Certified for VoLTE by Verizon Wireless
- EZLinkLTE Module for Verizon (VZ120Q) and EVK available
There is a big momentum developing around Cat 1 LTE in Japan, and having the support of Sequans with their Cat 1 Calliope chipset strengthens our IoT strategy and network development, enabling us to extend the reach of our LTE network to support M2M applications in industrial sectors.
Toshiyuki Futakata – Director, Communication Device Development Department, Radio Access Technology Group, NTT DOCOMO
We’re thrilled to partner with Sequans to power the next generation of our telematics devices. Sequans’ LTE Cat 1 Calliope solution is well-suited to power vehicle tracking devices and we can promise our customers advanced connectivity with the added benefit of a cost-effective yet future proof fleet management solution.
Neil Cawse – CEO, Geotab
Calliope Recent Posts
Sequans at IoT World 2019
News & Press Releases
- Please see Sequans Delivers LTE for IoT on T-Mobile’s Network press release
- Sequans’ Calliope LTE Cat 1 Chipset Platform Earns Validation by AT&T Wireless (press release)
- Download Strategy Analytics’ white paper: The Role of Voice in IoT Applications).
- Sequans’ Calliope LTE Cat 1 Platform now supports VoLTE on Verizon (press release)
- Sequans’ Cat 1 LTE for IoT Chipset Successfully Completes Interoperability Testing with NTT DOCOMO (press release)
- Sequans’ Calliope CAT 1 LTE Chipset Platform Certified by Verizon Wireless (press release)