Monarch SiP, SQN66430, is a system-in-package (SiP) LTE-M/NB-IOT solution from Skyworks Solutions Inc. and Sequans for the design of wearables and other space-constrained LTE device types. It combines Skyworks’ LTE universal, multi-band RF front-end module, SKY68020, with Sequans’ Monarch LTE-M/NB-IoT Platform, SQN3330, in a new, ultra compact SiP that enables worldwide deployment and roaming capability in a Single-SKU™ based on Sequans’ SAW-less radio design architecture. It complies with the ultralow-power and reduced complexity feature requirements of the 3GPP release 13 and 14 LTE-Advanced Pro standard that defines narrowband, low data rate LTE technology for machine-type-communications (MTC). Monarch SiP achieves a very high level of integration whereby baseband, RF transceiver, power management, RF front-end, RAM memory, and most of the required passives, are integrated into a 8.8 x 10.8 x 0.95 mm package for an industry-leading compact size.
Monarch SiP runs Sequans’ carrier-proven LTE protocol stack, an OMA lightweight M2M (LWM2M) client for over-the-air device management, Sequans’ Cloud Connector™ and a rich set of AT commands.
Monarch SiP is ideal for adding LTE-M and/or NB-IoT connectivity to low data rate consumer and IoT devices, including health, safety, and fitness wearables, smart watches, and trackers of all types.
- Certified by Verizon Wireless
- ThingSpace Ready
- 3GPP Release 13 LTEAdvanced Pro; upgradable to Release 14
- Supports narrowband LTE UE categories M1 and NB1/NB2
– M1: 300 kbps DL / 375 kbps UL
– NB1: 27 kbps DL / 63 kbps UL
– NB2: 120 Kbps DL / 170 kbps UL
- Extended DRX and PSM features for long sleep duration use cases
- Proprietary Dynamic Power Management (DPM) technology for 10 years operation
- Coverage enhancement methods
- Programmable RF filtering for global band support in a Single SKU™ design
- Supports VoLTE
- Single-chip 8.8 x 10.8 x 0.95 mm package
- Extremely reduced BOM
- Optimized for half-duplex FDD (HD-FDD) operation
- 23dBm power class, with reduced power class option
- Low power serial interfaces
Monarch SiP is an exciting product for IoT device designers, especially for wearable IoT devices in need of compact solutions. The Sequans/Skyworks platform brings together the technologies of two industry leaders to give AT&T’s IoT customers a total solution for launching their IoT devices on AT&T’s network as quickly as possible.
Cameron Coursey – VP, Internet of Things Solutions, AT&T
Monarch SiP Recent Posts
LTE for IoT Terms Explained in Sequans’ New Tech Dictionary
We’ve published a quick reference guide for some key LTE for IoT terms such eDRX, PSM, and Rock Bottom. This living website dictionary highlights some key terms and will be…Read More