Monarch SiP, SQN66430, is a system-in-package (SiP) LTE-M/NB-IOT solution from Skyworks Solutions Inc. and Sequans for the design of wearables and other space-constrained LTE device types. It combines Skyworks’ LTE universal, multi-band RF front-end module, SKY68020, with Sequans’ Monarch LTE-M/NB-IoT Platform, SQN3330, in a new, ultra compact SiP that enables worldwide deployment and roaming capability in a Single-SKU™ based on Sequans’ SAW-less radio design architecture. It complies with the ultralow-power and reduced complexity feature requirements of the 3GPP release 13 and 14 LTE-Advanced Pro standard that defines narrowband, low data rate LTE technology for machine-type-communications (MTC). Monarch SiP achieves a very high level of integration whereby baseband, RF transceiver, power management, RF front-end, RAM memory, and most of the required passives, are integrated into a 8.8 x 10.8 x 0.95 mm package for an industry-leading compact size.
Monarch SiP runs Sequans’ carrier-proven LTE protocol stack, an OMA lightweight M2M (LWM2M) client for over-the-air device management, Sequans’ Cloud Connector™ and a rich set of AT commands.
Monarch SiP is ideal for adding LTE-M and/or NB-IoT connectivity to low data rate consumer and IoT devices, including health, safety, and fitness wearables, smart watches, and trackers of all types.
- Certified by KDDI, NTT Docomo, SoftBank, Verizon Wireless
- Certified by regulatory agencies: GCF, PTRCB, FCC, IC, JATE, TELEC
- 3GPP Release 13 LTEAdvanced Pro; upgradable to Release 14
- Supports narrowband LTE UE categories M1 and NB1/NB2
– M1: 300 kbps DL / 375 kbps UL
– NB1: 27 kbps DL / 63 kbps UL
– NB2: 120 Kbps DL / 170 kbps UL
- Extended DRX and PSM features for long sleep duration use cases
- Proprietary Dynamic Power Management (DPM) technology for 10 years operation
- Coverage enhancement methods
- Programmable RF filtering for global band support in a Single SKU™ design
- Supports VoLTE
- Single-chip 8.8 x 10.8 x 0.95 mm package
- Extremely reduced BOM
- Optimized for half-duplex FDD (HD-FDD) operation
- 23dBm power class, with reduced power class option
- Low power serial interfaces
Monarch SiP is an exciting product for IoT device designers, especially for wearable IoT devices in need of compact solutions. The Sequans/Skyworks platform brings together the technologies of two industry leaders to give AT&T’s IoT customers a total solution for launching their IoT devices on AT&T’s network as quickly as possible.
Cameron Coursey – VP, Internet of Things Solutions, AT&T
Monarch SiP Recent Posts
Sequans at CES 2020
OneCare Founder Tom Glaser Talks to Mobile World Live About the Carewatch Health Wearable, Powered by Sequans’ Monarch
At Mobile World Congress in Los Angeles, Thomas Glaser, founding partner of OneCare, Inc., was interviewed by Mobile World Live to learn more about OneCare’s innovative new smart watch, called…Read More