Monarch N is a single-chip LTE Advanced Pro, Cat NB1/NB2 platform. It is designed specifically for low data rate IoT applications such as sensors and utility meters that will be deployed on a wide scale. Monarch N complies with the ultra-low-power and reduced complexity feature requirements of the 3GPP release 14/15 LTE-Advanced Pro standards, defining narrowband, low data rate LTE technology for machine-type-communications (MTC). Monarch N achieves a very high level of integration in a tiny package with a highly reduced BOM, running Sequans’ carrier-proven LTE protocol stack, an OMA lightweight M2M (LWM2M) client for over-the-air device management, a secure kernel, and a rich set of AT commands.
Monarch N is ideal for adding NB-IoT connectivity to low data rate M2M and IoT devices, including utility meters, industrial sensors, asset trackers, and a wide range of other devices for smart home and smart city applications.
• Supports 3GPP Release 14 LTE Advanced Pro and is upgradable to Release 15
• Supports narrowband LTE categories NB1/NB2, single tone
• NB1: 27 kbps DL / 19 kbps UL
• NB2: 120 Kbps DL / 21 kbps UL
• Extended DRX and PSM features for long sleep duration use cases
• Proprietary Dynamic Power Management (DPM) technology for 10-15 years’ battery life
• Coverage enhancement methods
• Programmable RF filtering for global band support in a Single-SKU™ design (617 MHz to 2.2 GHz)
• Software compatible with Monarch
• Integrated baseband, RF, SE, application MCU, RAM and power management
• Single chip CSP package
• Optimized for half-duplex FDD (HD-FDD)
• Tx power class options: 20 dBm and 14 dBm
• Low power serial interfaces
Monarch N is an ideal solution for Verizon’s LTE NB-IoT Guard band deployment plan where our aim is to provide customers with low-cost options for LTE LPWA applications. Sequans is a leader in LTE for IoT and their Monarch technology was instrumental in the launch of our LTE Cat M1 network, the first nationwide Cat M1 deployment in the world. We are pleased to see Sequans make an important addition to their product portfolio with an optimized NB-IoT only solution.
Chris Schmidt – Executive Director, Technology, Verizon
Monarch N Recent Posts
Sequans at CES 2020
OneCare Founder Tom Glaser Talks to Mobile World Live About the Carewatch Health Wearable, Powered by Sequans’ Monarch
At Mobile World Congress in Los Angeles, Thomas Glaser, founding partner of OneCare, Inc., was interviewed by Mobile World Live to learn more about OneCare’s innovative new smart watch, called…Read More