Monarch 2 is a single-chip LTE-M and NB-IoT solution designed specifically for narrowband IoT applications, including sensors, wearables, and other low data, low power M2M and IoT devices. Monarch 2 is built on three years of Sequans’ exclusive and field-proven experience with Monarch, which is and has been the industry’s leading LTE for IoT chip since its introduction in 2016. Monarch 2 builds on the success of first-generation Monarch and incorporates full reuse of Monarch’s software and architecture, allowing all existing customers to migrate to Monarch 2 seamlessly. Monarch 2 brings several significant advancements, including an integrated secure element (SE) with the industry’s highest level of security, enabling a variety of integrated SIMs,
a 60-percent improvement in power consumption, beating the already industry-lowest level of Monarch, and an industry-leading high level of integration that further simplifies and lowers the cost of IoT device design.
Monarch 2 is ideal for adding LTE-M and/or NB-IoT LTE connectivity to narrowband, low data rate M2M and IoT devices, including utility meters, industrial sensors, health and fitness bands, asset trackers, and numerous additional devices for smart home, smart city, and wearable applications.
- 3GPP Release 14 and Release 15 LTE Advanced Pro with support for LTE UE categories M1/NB1/NB2
- IoT-Select™ – dynamic LTE mode selection for LTE-M or NB-IoT
- Supports RF frequencies 617-2200 MHz in a Single-SKU™ for global compatibility
- Dedicated MCU to support embedded customers’ applications software and ultra-low power sensor-hub
- Up to 60% improvement in power consumption
- eco-Paging™ for extremely low eDRX power consumption
- Integrated secure element with industry’s highest level of security, EAL5+, usable as iUICC
- Embedded Sequans’ IoT-Findit™ location engine
- Embedded VoLTE
- Single rail power supply input with range 2.2-5.5 V, allowing the use of standard AA batteries
- 197 pins CSP, 0.5 mm pitch, allowing low-cost PCB technology and enabling 65% size reduction