NB-IoT Module Enabling Next-generation 5G Massive IoT
The Monarch NB02S module is an LTE Cat NB1/NB2 module based on Sequans’ second generation Monarch N chip platform. The Monarch NB02S module leverages Sequans’ 15-plus years of experience in 4G and 5G technologies and incorporates Sequans’ carrier-proven LTE protocol stack and a software suite that is one of the most mature in the industry. The Monarch NB02S module is the first member of Sequans next generation “S” family of modules, featuring a very small yet cost-effective form factor that requires no external components. The Monarch NB02S module inherits Monarch’s already certified NB-IoT stack and delivers the significantly improved performance and lower power consumption enabled by Sequans’ second generation Monarch N chip and the new module architecture. The Monarch NB02S module is a total module solution, including a complete, Single-SKU™ RF front end for deployment in any band worldwide, and an integrated EAL5+ Secure Enclave (SE) enabling the integration of the SIM inside the module with zero compromise on security while lowering cost and reducing complexity. Sequans technology, both hardware and software, is 100-percent owned by Sequans, ensuring fast time to market and lowest total cost of ownership for device makers.
The Monarch NB02S module is ideal for adding NB-IoT connectivity to low data rate M2M and IoT devices for wide deployment, including utility meters, industrial sensors, asset trackers, and numerous additional smart home and smart city devices.
- Supports 3GPP LTE Release 14/15 Cat NB1 and NB2 with up to 120.7 kbps DL and 21 kbps UL
- Tiny “S” series LGA module
- Single-rail power supply supporting 2.5-5.5 V allows for direct connection to low-cost batteries
- Programmable RF filtering for global band support in a Single-SKU™ design (617 MHz to 2.2 GHz)
- Supports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 66, 70, 71, 85
- Adaptive output power supporting +20dBm and +14dBm for efficient, deep indoor penetration
- Module-as-a-SIM™ — Integrated connectivity in the module with no SIM card or SIM chip required inside or outside the module
- Embedded LWM2M client, TCP/IP stack and Sequans Cloud Connectors
- Fully tested and calibrated for easy integration into product hardware
- Application MCU available for customer applications
- Fully software-compatible with first generation Monarch NB01Q module, enabling easy migration