Low Power LTE-M/NB-IoT Module for Next Generation 5G Massive IoT
Monarch 2 GM02S is an LTE Cat M1/NB1/NB2 module based on Sequans’ second generation Monarch 2 chip platform. It provides significant improvements in performance and power consumption while providing seamless migration because it is based on Sequans’ existing LTE-M/NB-IoT protocol stack—one of the most mature and proven in the entire LTE ecosystem. Monarch 2 GM02S is the first member of Sequans next generation “S” series module family, featuring a very small yet cost-effective form factor that requires no external components.
Monarch 2 GM02S includes Sequans’ Single-SKU™ RF front end, enabling deployment in any band worldwide, and an integrated EAL5+ secure enclave, enabling secure key storage and crypto applications and integrated SIM (iSIM). A low-power application MCU allows customers to port their own code into the module via a feature rich SDK. Monarch 2 GM02S utilizes a single rail power supply starting at 2.2 V, the lowest voltage supported by any LTE-M/NB-IoT module in the industry today, thereby unlocking battery and eBOM savings. Sequans designs and owns the chipsets and software used in all its modules, thus ensuring fast time to market and lowest total cost of ownership for device makers.
The Monarch 2 GM02S module is ideal for adding LTE-M and/or NB-IoT LTE connectivity to narrowband, low data rate M2M and IoT devices, including utility meters, industrial sensors, health and fitness bands, asset trackers, and numerous additional devices for smart home, smart city, and wearable applications.
- 3GPP LTE Release 14/15 Cat M1, NB1 and NB2
- New tiny “S” LGA module form factor
- Single-rail power supply supporting 2.2-5.5V
- Programmable RF filtering for global band support in a Single-SKU design (617 MHz to 2.2 GHz)
- Adaptive output power supporting +23dBm, +20dBm and +14dBm providing the most efficient solution for deep indoor penetration
- Supports external SIM and eSIM as well as integrated SIM and integrated eSIM
- Embedded LWM2M client, TCP/IP stack, and Sequans Cloud Connector™
- Fully tested and calibrated for easy integration into product hardware
- Application MCU with rich SDK for customer application
- Fully software-compatible with first generation Monarch GM01Q (LTE-M) and Monarch NB01Q (NB-IoT) modules, enabling ease of migration
- Certified by Vodafone, AT&T, Verizon