The Calliope LTE Platform for IoT is a member of Sequans’ StreamliteLTE™ family of LTE chipset products. Calliope is designed specifically for wearables and other Category 1 M2M and IoT devices. Calliope comprises baseband and RF chips, an integrated IoT applications processor running Sequans’ carrier-proven LTE protocol stack, an IMS client, and a comprehensive software package for over-the-air device management and packet routing. It includes Sequans’ powerful interference rejection technology, Sequans AIR™.
Calliope is ideal for adding Cat 1 LTE connectivity to M2M and IoT modules and is also suitable for wearables and M2M devices for metering, home automation, and automotive applications.
- Validated by Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, KDDI, NTT Docomo and T-Mobile
- Throughput: up to Category 1 – 10 Mbps DL/ 5 Mbps UL
- Ultra low power consumption
- 3GPP Release 10; software-upgradable to Release 11
- FDD and TDD, up to 20 MHz LTE channels
- Embedded application CPU
- Wafer-level packaging
- Supports VoLTE and location based services
- Host environments: Android, Android Wear, Linux, Windows, Real Time OS
- Versatile interfaces to host system: UART, USB, HSIC
- Includes Sequans AIR™ interference cancelation technology
- Certified for VoLTE by Verizon Wireless
- EZLinkLTE Module for Verizon (VZ120Q) and EVK available
There is a big momentum developing around Cat 1 LTE in Japan, and having the support of Sequans with their Cat 1 Calliope chipset strengthens our IoT strategy and network development, enabling us to extend the reach of our LTE network to support M2M applications in industrial sectors.
Toshiyuki Futakata – Director, Communication Device Development Department, Radio Access Technology Group, NTT DOCOMO
We’re thrilled to partner with Sequans to power the next generation of our telematics devices. Sequans’ LTE Cat 1 Calliope solution is well-suited to power vehicle tracking devices and we can promise our customers advanced connectivity with the added benefit of a cost-effective yet future proof fleet management solution.
Neil Cawse – CEO, Geotab
Calliope Development Platforms
Calliope Recent Posts
OneCare Founder Tom Glaser Talks to Mobile World Live About the Carewatch Health Wearable, Powered by Sequans’ Monarch
At Mobile World Congress in Los Angeles, Thomas Glaser, founding partner of OneCare, Inc., was interviewed by Mobile World Live to learn more about OneCare’s innovative new smart watch, called…Read More
News & Press Releases
- Please see Sequans Delivers LTE for IoT on T-Mobile’s Network press release
- Sequans’ Calliope LTE Cat 1 Chipset Platform Earns Validation by AT&T Wireless (press release)
- Download Strategy Analytics’ white paper: The Role of Voice in IoT Applications).
- Sequans’ Calliope LTE Cat 1 Platform now supports VoLTE on Verizon (press release)
- Sequans’ Cat 1 LTE for IoT Chipset Successfully Completes Interoperability Testing with NTT DOCOMO (press release)
- Sequans’ Calliope CAT 1 LTE Chipset Platform Certified by Verizon Wireless (press release)