The SQN3120-USB is a family of complete reference designs for LTE USB dongles for FDD or TDD networks. It is based on Sequans’ SQN3120 baseband system-on-chip and comes in several variants, supporting a wide variety of LTE bands, including:
- LTE band classes 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 17, 20 and 25 for FDD networks
- LTE band classes 38, 39, 40, and 41 for TDD networks
Because the SQN3120 baseband SOC supports all global FDD and TDD LTE bands, the SQN3120-USB can be derived to support virtually any band as well as multi-band combinations.
The SQN3120-USB features an ultra thin form factor, low power consumption, and a reduced BOM (bill of materials), enabling manufacturers to build sleek and powerful LTE USB dongles very cost-effectively.
Mont Blanc LTE platform
The SQN3120-USB is one of the reference design types of Sequans’ Mont Blanc LTE platform. In addition to reference designs, Mont Blanc comprises the SQN3120 baseband system-on-chip, an embedded TDD/FDD LTE modem, and an applications processor with embedded DDR-SDRAM memory, RF chips, and comprehensive software. Mont Blanc is optimized for the design of hostless USB dongles, CPE, and mobile hotspots.
The SQN3120-USB reference design is a turnkey solution for the design of USB dongles, but it can also be used to design personal hotspots, modems, and CPE. It can also be used for IOT, field testing, and GCF and operator certification.
- Supports all major LTE bands, FDD and TDD
- Best-in-class RF performance
- Optimized for hostless applications
- Compact and versatile
- Cost effective with reduced BOM
- 3GPP R9 and GCF compliant
- UE category 4 throughput, 150 Mbps DL / 50 Mbps UL
- Ultra low power consumption
- Ultra efficient MIMO decoder
- Complete LTE protocol stack and host software